If you have a toddler at home, this is a must have item for you this Christmas! My toddler is 14 months old. He is a very busy, curious child. I really wanted to get him his own Christmas tree that he could decorate, but I felt he was a little too young to be able to navigate placing ornaments on a real tree. A girl that I went to University with was making felt Christmas trees, and I realized this is exactly what I needed! It is so much more interactive than a plastic Christmas tree. Plus, I don’t have to worry about him breaking any ornaments or lights.
This felt tree came with felt ornaments, lights, a reindeer, a candy cane, a snowman and more. My toddler loves taking the ornaments off of the tree over and over again. It is usually the first thing he does in the morning. We are working on learning how to stick the ornaments back on the tree. This activity keeps him entertained for an extended (as extended as it gets when dealing with toddlers) period of time and he just loves it.
A felt Christmas tree is a great addition to any playroom or toddler bedroom. It is such a nice, quiet activity that your toddler can do independently or you can do together. We put the felt tree up a few days before our actual Christmas tree. So our toddler hasn’t bothered much with our tree yet (knock on wood).
Where to Buy
This is one of those products you can easily make at home. If you have an older toddler / pre-k age child, you could make the ornaments together! I think I am going to try to learn how to make felt activities in the future.
But if you’re not super crafty, here are some great alternatives I found:
- Jollylife: This felt tree is a best seller, and highly rated on Amazon. It is 3ft tall and comes with 33 ornaments!
- Lafefo: This tree is listed as Amazon’s choice on their website. It is slightly taller than the previous tree, and also comes with 33 ornaments
There are also amazing options available on Etsy if you would like to support a small business this Christmas. Some of my favourites are:
- AbootCanadaEh (Canadian): Has Canadian themed ornaments!
- The Felt Arrow Company (Canadian)
- N5Creationsaus (Austrailian): Has the option to personalize
- Luv2DoItYourself (American): Has 3 different kit options
Hope you found a felt Christmas tree that you love for your toddler this holiday season. Until next time, XX.