On an everyday basis, I like to keep my makeup relatively simple. I am not a morning person; therefore, I don’t want to have to get up any earlier than necessary to get ready for work. But I also don’t want to look like I just rolled out of bed either. So here’s how I keep my makeup look simple, yet professional on a typical day. Here’s my current daily makeup routine!
- The most important part of any makeup routine is skincare. Skincare routines will vary by skin type. You can find my typical skincare routine here.
- The most complicated part of my routine is covering my under eye area. I was blessed with always having dark circles. If they are not properly covered up I will look like a dead zombie, regardless of how much makeup I’m wearing. Sound like you too? Read my in depth post about how to cover dark circles here. If not, keep on reading for the rest of the routine.
- I usually only spot conceal. If I do wear foundation, I usually go for something more sheer and light coverage.
- Set with translucent powder only where you need it. I only set my eye/under eye area.
- I prefer to go with a more natural brow. Use a tinted brow gel to coat the brow hairs and Anastasia Brow Wiz to add some brow strokes where hair is sparse.
- Open up your eyes with a nude liner.
- Curl your lashes and add some mascara to make your eyes pop. Mascara helps make your eyes look more awake.
- Bronze your skin with a light bronzer to add warmth to your face.
- Add a subtle blush or highlight to your cheekbones.
- (optional): I like to wear a matte lipstick to finish my look. I typically wear a nude colour. I think that a nice lip helps finish the look and make you look a little more glam than you really are. My favourite is Kylie Cosmetics in Khlo$.
This entire look takes me about 10-15 minutes.
- bellápierre cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer Palette (received in December 2017 Boxycharm)
- NARS Radient Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- Too Faced Born This Way Sculpting Concealer in Light Beige
- Note Cosmetics blush (Received in July 2018 Boxycharm)
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil in NC42/NW35
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (I dropped it which is why it’s broken but it’s my favourite so I use it anyways)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
- Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Khlo$
- ELF Cosmetics Bronzer Palette in Deep bronzer (it’s not that deep but unfortunately this is the darkest they have )
What is your daily makeup routine? Comment down below your favourite day to day makeup products. Until next time XX.