I am back with another monthly baby update – month seven! As we get closer to the year mark, my heart breaks a little bit more. I yearn for a few more moments of that newborn stage – where he was cuddly and small. But I love watching him grow into a little person who is learning new skills everyday. I am also now in the second half of my maternity leave and am dreading having to leave my baby at home and go back to work.
This was a big month for Camdyn. His balance while sitting independently got better, he started army crawling, and we introduced solids. We celebrated his first Easter (in isolation) and he has really begun enjoying playing with toys. To see the full seven month update (and some adorable clips of C!), watch the video on Youtube.
Seven Month Highlights
- C is still in a mixture of 3-6 and 6-9 month clothing depending on the brand
- We introduced solids! We are doing baby-led weaning. The first half of the month was a little rough, but we are making progress. C’s favourite foods include: yogurt, broccoli, zucchini, and avocado
- C went through a growth spurt this month, combined with the introduction of solids, he woke up a lot more than normal to nurse. 1-2x a night depending on the night. Bedtime went a lot smoother this month!
- Napping on the other hand was rough. We were only able to get 30-40 minute naps 3x a day (which was not enough daytime sleep).
- He started army crawling and dragging himself around the apartment and towards objects that he wants.
- He begin babbling (making ba-ba-ba noises). This is a fine upgrade from the usual shrieking he loved to do previously.
- C is really engaged and playing with toys now. It is so much fun watching him dig through his basket of toys to find what he’s looking for
- Whenever Connor or I left C alone in a room, he would cry. We had to be in his sight at all times which sometimes made things difficult.
The hardest part of this past month was being in quarantine as I am missing my routine of mom + baby activities. I think even in a way C is a little restless from being cooped up all the time. But I am thankful my family is healthy.
Until next time, XX.
Check out my other monthly baby updates:
Pingback: 8 Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: 5 Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: Two Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: 9 Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: 11 Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: Six Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: One Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020
Pingback: Four Month Baby Update - Kassie's Korner on April 27, 2020